NOW CLOSED - FULLY SUBSCRIBED
Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th February, 2020 (2 Days in total)
Hours: 9:00am - 12noon: Lunch break: 1pm - 4pm. (6 hours daily)
“Rugged Landscape Scenes”
Adding colour and light to your paintings
The Old Ipswich Courthouse, (Cnr Roderick and Easts Sts. Ipswich.) entry at rear via Ginn St.
Overview (Using Acrylic paints and mediums)
Objectives: Improve and expand students existing knowledge and skill levels while building confidence with the use of Acrylic paints and mediums as they paint Landscape exercises under the supervision and expert assistance from Don Milner. Grow and improve their general painting abilities. E.g. How to choose, manipulate and develop suitable images into fabulous paintings ..(What to include and what to leave out and why) Colour mixing from a select colour palette, brush and painting techniques, perspective and much more...
Subject, theme and purpose: (Landscape) This workshop is designed to familiarize students with the many specialist techniques and skills required to create a great painting filled with light and atmosphere. Don will lead students through easy to learn, carefully considered painting exercises as he shows them how to capture the unique character of their subject. Learn ‘perspective made easy’, understanding of colour mixing, brush techniques, palette knife painting and lots more.
I am very familiar and comfortable with Acrylic paints and mediums and feel that I can offer all students expert guidance on all aspects of using them. I am also very familiar and comfortable with the challenges of painting a good painting and this workshop comes with a comprehensive set of specially tailored exercises designed to maximise each students learning..
Brief: Are you an artist who has always wanted to paint rugged Landscapes filled with life, light, drama and atmosphere? Then this workshop will be an amazing artistic journey of growth and discovery for you. Join Don’s painting workshop and he will explain and show you how he does it so you can be creating fantastic paintings of this inspiring subjects sooner. Apply his easy methods & learn how you can include them into your own paintings process.
DAY 1: (Saturday, 15th February, 2020) Introduction:-
Quick overview of course and Introduction and intentions
Commence with introduction and overview of the workshop
* Introduction exercise.. Getting started with an introduction to
various elements of the landscape and consider colour choices.
* Create and render a graduated sky and rugged rock formations.
* All students now paint their exercises using techniques Don has described. (Using Acrylic paints and mediums..)
Quick revision of morning
* Don does demonstration painting to illustrate techniques that all
students will follow
* Continue to work on class exercise applying techniques introduced in the morning session
* Add rock structures, grass and trees to your paintings
DAY 2: (Sunday, 16th February, 2020)
Review and more painting:- Brief review of Day 1 and an overview of Day 2.
Demonstration on brush techniques to create grass and foliage
* Continue painting exercise from day 1
* Use of a palette knife for more immediate and textural effects
* Glazing techniques for more intense colour using mediums
Quick revision of morning exercises
* Students continue landscape painting exercise to completion
* Don demonstrates each step along the way of the process
* Review and summary of workshop with Q & A time.
* Impromptu mini exhibition of workshop paintings
Note: Easels, tables and refreshments will be provided, please BYO lunch and Art Materials as per the Materials list
To view some of Don's work visit his online Gallery at http://www.donmilnerart.com/#
Click on the PDF
logo to download the